Brand new restaurant opening early summer. Unique opportunity to be an original team member at the first Slater’s 50/50 in Colorado! We are seeking dynamic and enthusiastic individuals who will embrace the opportunity and challenge of establishing a new upscale sports bar concept in Denver.
Prep Cooks prepare the restaurant for service by ensuring that the products are prepped, stocked and safely stored.
Expected Start Date: July 13th. Full Time, AM or PM Shifts Possible.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Reads and executes all prep recipes accurately
- Prepares food according to preparation schedule – accomplishes tasks in time allotted
- Adequate knife skills
- Keeps prep area clean and organized
- Keeps recipe book clean and organized
- Maintains proper food storage and safety
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Sweep and scrub floors.
- Receive and store supplies.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.
- Execute line sweeps and trash change whenever necessary
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of storage areas
- Stock supplies such as food and utensils on cook line, refrigerators, and storage areas.
- Perform any other job duties as required, ie – Clean and prepare various foods for cooking or serving.
- Follow all safety standards
- Follow proper food safety and sanitation policies
- Clock in and out as required by your shift and take breaks as required by policy.
- Be aware of, and abide by all Slater’s 50/50 policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Report to the General Manager, Kitchen Manager and other supervisors as directed.
- Perform all duties with a sense of urgency and to the expected standards
- Adequate skills and experience to perform job duties
- Food handlers card
- Able to stand for 8 hours - walks and stands during entire shift.
- Able to communicate with team members
- Able to read and understand recipes
- Able to understand and follow all policies and procedures
- Able to lift and carry racks or stacks of dishes, glassware and other utensils, weighing up to 50 lbs., up to 50 times per shift.
- Able to lift and empty trashcans weighing up to 150 lbs., with assistance, up to five times per shift.
- Able to frequently bend, stoop, reach, push and lift.
- Able to work in a hot, damp environment.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass and metal cans, burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequent washing of hands.