Reports to: Kitchen Manager/Assistant Kitchen Manager
Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, flatware, cooking utensils etc., using the machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensure the dish area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary area.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and/or pans using dishwashers or by hand – assuring all dishes and utensils are clean and sanitized for food preparation, storage, and dining.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Clean garbage cans with water or steam.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Sweep and scrub floors.
- Receive and store supplies.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.
- Execute line sweeps and trash change whenever necessary
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of storage areas
- Stock supplies such as food and utensils on cook line, refrigerators, and storage areas.
- Perform any other job duties as required, ie – Clean and prepare various foods for cooking or serving.
- Follow all safety standards
- Follow proper food safety and sanitation policies
- Clock in and out as required by your shift and take breaks as required by policy.
- Be aware of, and abide by all Slater’s 50/50 policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Report to the General Manager, Kitchen Manager and other supervisors as directed.
- Perform all duties with a sense of urgency and to the expected standards
- Adequate skills and experience to perform job duties
- Food handlers card
- Able to stand for 8 hours - walks and stands during entire shift.
- Able to communicate with team members
- Able to understand and follow all policies and procedures
- Able to lift and carry racks or stacks of dishes, glassware and other utensils, weighing up to 50 lbs., up to 50 times per shift.
- Able to lift and empty trashcans weighing up to 150 lbs., with assistance, up to five times per shift.
- Able to frequently bend, stoop, reach, push and lift.
- Able to work in a hot, damp environment.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass and metal cans, burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequent washing of hands.