A national gourmet burger restaurant is looking for an energetic and talented Kitchen Manager to assist with the pre-opening development and daily operations of its first restaurant in the Las Vegas Valley. The award winning casual concept features the signature gourmet burgers and a large selection of draft beers on tap.
The concept is a destination restaurant with over 16,000+ Yelp! reviews across its other stores and has been featured on Zagat's Review, NBC Los Angeles and Business Insider.
The successful candidate will have culinary and management experience. We’re looking for a creative, motivating professional who doesn’t mind contributing to prep work or delivering food when necessary, but who won’t be afraid to delegate. You will report to the Restaurant Manager and have the opportunity to hire and train staff. The job requires approximately 50 hours per week with some nights and weekends each month.
- Manage operations including kitchen staffing, supplies inventory, food and health quality meets restaurant standards.
- Perform daily pre-shifts to educate team members on new menu items and enforce standards.
- Order supplies for food and ingredients base on shifting demands, ensuring adequate supplies and reducing wastage.
- Hire and train kitchen staff and foster teamwork and team spirit between kitchen staff and FOH staff.
- Create staffing schedules to ensure adequate staffing during rush.
- Schedule and oversee necessary maintenance and repairs for equipment
- Develop deep cleaning schedule to maintain a clean working kitchen.
- Assist General Manager with menu changes and development of seasonal items.
- Respond personally to guest questions and complaints.
- Work diligently to control food labor cost related to the kitchen.
- Maintain positive guest relations, increasing sales and brand awareness
- High School Diploma required; some college or hospitality background preferred
- A proven drive for quality food and clean kitchen environment
- Ability to problem solve and handle high stress situations in a fast paced environment
- 2 - 3 years of experience in a position of increasing responsibility in the hospitality industry
- High motivation with strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software, Applicant Tracking Systems, and Aloha POS preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and assessment skills
- Able to act quickly and decisively
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Willingness to work irregular hours, nights and weekends, while on your feet
- Ability to demonstrate and teach the company’s mission and culture
- ServSafe Manager’s Certificate or Food Handler Certificate
- Responsible Alcohol Service Certification (TAM card)
- Ability to pass liquor background check for key employee status